Today is #NationalHomemadeSoupDay and to celebrate I’ve posted about why I think soup is soup-er!
- Nutritious – you can add pulses/chicken to increase protein or you can add whole wheat noodles to increase fibre content
- Versatile – you can make your own soup to suit your dietary needs and taste. If you find soup bland you can always add more paprika, chilli or cayenne pepper.
- Cheap – by making your own soup you can control the cost. You can make up large batches in advance.
- Food waste – make use of vegetables past their best. You can also freeze your own soup.
- On-the-go – you can make a flask of soup to take in your bag.